Western Digital WD Livewire
Released October, 2010
The Western Digital WD Livewire is a powerline network adapter designed to be as easy to use as possible. It includes 2 separate 4-port HomePlug AV adapters that connect with each other through the building's power system when you plug them in, enabling the secure sharing of an Internet connection.
The HomePlug AV standards ensure that streams will work consistently at speeds of up to 200 Mbps, and the system automatically protects all traffic with a 128-bit encryption system. Although setup is almost entirely plug-and-play, a CD is included with the WD Livewire utility to test the connection, available bandwidth, and enable advanced settings.
- HomePlug AV certified (media streaming)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u compliant
- Powerline networking
- A total of 8 ports
- 128-bit encryption protection
- Up to 200 Mbps performance
- Encryption is automatic, no password required
- Includes 2 x 4-port HomePlug AV adapter, 2 x Ethernet cable, 2 x power cable
- CD with WD Livewire utility software also included
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...